HOW TO SAVE MONEY
Regardless of how much money you make, it can seem like there will never be enough to fund your retirement. Fortunately, saving money doesn’t have to be as stressful an endeavour as you may think. There are plenty of small steps you can implement that make a big difference in the long run.
Tip 1 of 7 – “Erase Consumer Debt”
This type of debt includes credit card and line of credit debt. To help minimize your debt considering the following:
- Stop using credit cards, move to debit cards, you will feel the pain of purchase
- Make a REASONABLE plan to stop using and start paying off these debts
- Always pay credit cards bills on time, even partial payments
- Shop around for or negotiate the best possible interest rates
- Make biweekly credit card payments, timed with your pay-periods
The Bottom Line
Saving money is not only about creative cost cutting, but also about making smart spending decisions. It is never too late to take a look at your finances and start trimming away any excessive spending. You’d be surprised at the big differences small changes will make on your savings.